Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Book Giveaway

I saw a few people doing this and thought it's such a great idea I'd do it too. I love PaperBackSwap and am giving away 1 book from it to

I will close it at 3pm EDT on Thursday July 31. EDITED: Since I'm still having a constant stream of people I've decided to extend this until Saturday Aug 2 at 5pm. (esp since the Bloggy Giveaway is still going on). I hope that doesn't bother anyone.

You do not have to be a blogger to enter. Just leave a valid email address. The winner will have 4 days to respond to me or I'll go with the next person from my random number generator. To enter you have to go to their site and tell me what book you think you'd pick (you can always change it later) or a book you've recently read.

The winner will receive
1) if they are a PBS member (or want to join)...i'll transfer 1 credit to you
2) if not, (and you dont want to become a member), then i'll have one available book they have shipped to you. You'll just need to let me know when you received it.

And sorry i think you need to be in the US for this.

I just got the new James Patterson book in the mail. And the best thing about PBS.... it's all FREE. you only pay shipping to mail a book (book rate) to someone else. the first time you join and add 10 books to swap...you get to get 2 books. after that, each time you send a book you get a credit to pick a new one.




And now back to the giveaways....




Bloggy Giveaways Quarterly Carnival Button

58 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of PBS - sounds interesting and I love books.

Christi S said...

I'm a PBS member and would LOVE to win a credit! Thanks!

Deborah said...

please enter me, i'm a PBS member and love it!

Yarni Gras! said...

works for me! Finding Moon by Tony Hillerman.
Thanks for the info on the site....I'll have to look at it today..I read like a crazy person.
Thanks for hosting!

N said...

I'm not a PBS member, but I'd love to win a book. I would like to win "Money, Possessions, and Eternity" by Randy Alcorn.

Suzie said...

Im not a member. I am very ashamed

buzzd said...

I am not a PBS member..looks like a great site. I would pick The Kite Runner

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of PBS. I am about to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Are you familiar with Bookmooch? If so, how does PBS compare?

Stacy said...

I've thought about PBS, but at this point even having to pay shipping to send a book out would be a stretch to us- for now I'll stick with the library.
I just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns on audiobook- it was stunning.

Bunny B said...

This sounds fun! I'd love to win a book!! The last book I read was Death by Bikini by Linda Gerber! I loved it!

bunnybx at gmail . com

ErinRagan said...

I love PBS... I'm a member and have NO credits right now! Boo! So this would be fun :)

The last book I read was a hot and steamy one by Lora Leigh, "Harmony's Way." Seriously, it should have a warning on it, lol.

Before that, I read the first three books in Stephenie Meyers' Twilight series... those are much "tamer."

Thanks for visiting my blog today, Leigh! It was nice to know that someone actually read something other than the giveaway post!

Alitheia said...

I think I'd go for Changer of Days by Alma Alexander or Boots and the Seven Leaguers: A Rock-and-Troll Novel by Jane Yolen, both are on my wishlist =)

Anonymous said...

I just signed up at paperbackswap.com so I think I'll count as a referral for you!

Lalycairn said...

I'd like the new (er) series by Stephen Lawhead - about RobinHood - I think the first one is "Hood".

PBS is fabulous isn't it?

Heather

Lalycairn @ gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to get La Corda d' Oro, Volume 1. ^^

faked_sugartone@hotmail.com

Shana said...

I would love Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella.

Thanks for the giveaway.

literarily AT live DOT com

Shana
http://blog.literarily.com

Debbie said...

I might choose an older book I love but don't own, like The Red Tent or Joy Luck Club. Great idea for a giveaway. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i want to join PBS but don't have the money to ship books, so this is an awesome giveaway!
sarah
sadiekate2001 (at) yahoo (dot) com

michelle said...

I haven't managed to join PBS yet. I would be interested in Directed Verdict by Randy Singer though.

michelle at northofthe49 dot com

Fedora said...

I LOVE PBS! So do the kids--they're waiting for some Star Wars books and a Leslie Patricelli book!

Thanks for the contest! ;)

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Sandra said...

I would likely chose The Red Tent as it was suggested in our book club.

owatz (AT) telus (DOT) net

Wehaf said...

What a great program, and great giveaway. Thank you.

urchiken at gmail dot com

Tammy said...

very neat thanks for the chance

kamewh said...

I would love to be entered! Thank you for the giveaway!

mulltc said...

PBS sounds like a great idea! I would get Strange Fits of Passion by Anita Shreve!

groovyteach said...

cool, never heard of it. i just posted a book recommendation on my site--you should read it. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.

Cristina said...

I love PBS. I've been a member for a few years now. Fantastic idea to introduce people to it this way. Kudos!

Kristofer said...

i heart good books . . .i have not heard of pbs . . . can't wait to join! what a great idea! thanks!

kristen

ryankristenwilson(at)msn(dot)com

sweetsue said...

I would love to win a book credit! I am giving my last one away on my blog giveaway!I would pick a book I lost track of: The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King.

Suzie Williams said...

I love PBS. I just finished My Sister's Keeper.

Nancy said...

If I were to win, I would choose the book The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I'm a PBS-aholic!!!!!

Ginny said...

I'd love to pick a book from them, love that site!

mishmish said...

I'm a member. Thanks!

mom2boys said...

This is the first time I 've heard of bookswap. I'm going to join...it's sounds great. I would love to win a credit for a book. Thanks for the great giveaway!


hottmomma_03@yahoo.com

CanCan said...

This sounds great...I might join! I would probably get a Berenstain Bears book for my son.

onlycancan at hotmail dot com

LadyVampire2u said...

I've been a PBS member for a while and love it there! Thanks for entering me in your giveaway!

Genevieve P said...

I love PBS! I've gotten so many great books there.

Cherie J said...

I am a PBS member and would love to get a copy of Last Wolf Watching by Rhyannon Byrd. Thanks for the contest!

cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the great giveaway! I'm currently reading The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory and I have about 100 books on my list I want to read next, I'm not sure which one though!

frugallm said...

I love to read! I'm not a member but I would still love to win!

elkmeese at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to check out that swap. It sounds like something I should be doing.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's always nice to meet another Les Mis fan!

Karen said...

I have heard great things about this program!

kpuleski at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

i love books but i had never heard about this seems really great!

lc_intocable at yahoo.com

Kathleen said...

I would love to get Mask Market by Andrew Vachss, or one of his others I haven't read yet (I know there are a couple, I just can't think which off the top of my head). Thank you for the great giveaway!

Emily N. said...

Fleeced: How Barack Obama, Media Mockery of Terrorist Threats, Liberals Who Want to Kill Talk Radio, the Do-Nothing Congress, Companies ... Are Scamming Us ... and What to Do About It by Dick Morris, Eileen Mcgann sounds really interesting.

gotfire at yahoo dot com

alex said...

i'd love to get Baby Einstein: Baby Santa's Very Merry Christmas (Baby Einstein).
alexandra dot hancock at gmail dot com

AudreyO said...

We love James Patterson. My daughter has read the newest book, I have not. She told me that Alex is not in the newest book. Wow, I feel like I know him LOL.

I also love J.D. Robb. I just finished Creation in Death. I admit that book was a bit freaky for me.

So, I'm fairly postive I would choose a murder mystery.

Pamk said...

joined this a few weeks ago. would love get another book.
scrtsbpal(at)yahoo(dot)com

trishtheconqueror said...

Thanks for having a giveaway, and for extending it! I would love to win a book. I would probably choose one by Madeleine L'Engle or CS Lewis.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chance

luckydolls123[at]verizon[dot]net

Melissa M. said...

I'm a member. I'd like October Song by Beverly Lewis. Thanks for the giveaway!

misshoney_bee(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm a PBS member and could always use more credits! :-) Thank you for extending this for people like me who have had a crazy week and haven't been able to look at a whole lot of these giveaways. :-)

author_erin(at)lycos(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Am not a member but have heard of PBS. Belong to another one but it seems to be losing members! I'd probably pick Nora Ephron "I Feel Bad about my Neck". Thanks for the giveaway!

Donna said...

I love books.

Crochetcillin Addict said...

I am a PBS member and am totally addicted!! Here is my book shelf.

http://www.paperbackswap.com/members/bookshelf.php

This would be a great win. I have a huge wish list and I don't know what I would choose. Thanks so much!!

Jinxy and Me said...

I would choose Bergdorf Blondes. Thanks for the giveaway!