Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bloggy Giveaway

It's bloggy giveaway time again! I had so much fun last time doing this. This time I'm giving away a $10 gift certificate to the winner's choice of LL Bean or Lands End(2 of my favorite stores!) (If a non US resident wants to enter-- they can win $10 US to their paypal if they prefer)

I will close it at 3pm EDT on Thursday July 31. EDITED: Since I'm still having a constant stream of people I've decided to extend this until Saturday Aug 2 at 5pm. (esp since the Bloggy Giveaway is still going on). I hope that doesn't bother anyone.

You do not have to be a blogger to enter. Just leave a valid email address. The winner will have 4 days to respond to me or I'll go with the next person from my random number generator.

To enter you have to answer one the following questions:
1) If I were to visit the nearest big city (or even your local town/city) what is one place that I should definitely visit?
2) What is your favorite recipe?
3) What are 3 websites that you have to visit every day?

Have fun! Happy Giveaways!

Bloggy Giveaways Quarterly Carnival Button

171 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, let's see
question #1 - my favorite little gift shop in the town near me is the Red Thread Studio. She has some very eclectic items that are wonderful.
question #2 - my favorite recipe is homemade fruit salad - with all the bounty that my garden provides.
question #3 - 3 websites - heritage lace, cause I love what they have,
yahoo groups - cause I'm in some really neat groups
amazon.com - cause I love to read and want to see what's new.
email address blog (dot) sandists (at) gmail (dot) com
Thanks for doing this giveaway!

Katie Swaner said...

1 - If you were planning to visit anyplace around me, I'd encourage you to plan a better vacation. It's boring. i suppose the best thing around is the state fair, which is coming up.

Hey, didn't we "meet" throught he last blggoy giveaway? cool.

Cayce's crazy life said...

You would need to visit the Rainbow Harbor and LB Aquarium. We have loads of great things to do and see here in beautiful So Cal!

Frugal Finds said...

If you come to a town near me you would have to visit Hershey park!!! also take a tour of the chocolate factory!
Frugal Carol

jenny said...

well 1 i would love to go just abt any place i love seeing and doing 2 i love ice cream 3 i i dont know theres so minny i like going to every day

Williams' Family said...

#3- Biblegateway.com

Facebook

katiebloomprogress.com

Stephanie Reed said...

My favorite recipe is for sweet tea--boil water and pour about two cups over six tea bags. Cover and let steep for five minutes. Fill a pitcher half full of tap water. Remove and squeeze tea bags to drain. Add concentrate to pitcher, slowly add more water, but leave room for sugar. Add one cup of sugar, stir, and serve over ice in a tall glass. Refrigerate IF yo have any leftovers.

stef dot reed at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

What are 3 websites that you have to visit every day?

1) myspace
2) mommy cracked
3) hotmail

email angela_mullins
at
hotmail dot com

Jenny said...

Question #3 - Gmail, my Google Reader and Facebook to keep up with all my long lost college friends!

Christina.B said...

#1 If you ever come to toronto canada you should go the the ontario science center and the stop by my place for supper because
I am less than 5 min away!

Awesome Mom said...

If you were to visit Topeka Kansas I would highly recommend visiting Gage park. The zoo is there and they have a very fun play area for kids.

Katrina said...

3 websites I visit daily are: Gmail, www.thepioneerwoman.com and of course, Blogger!

Ginny said...

The three websites I visit every day are
www.ravelry.com (my name is Im08Just97Me)
www.plurk.com
and www.wordpress.com
Thanks for having the giveaway!

Robin said...

The closest big city to me is Tel Aviv, so I'd have to go with the beach! There's nothing to match the sunset over the Mediterranean.

Pate Family said...

I live near Portland Oregon and the one place you would have to visit is Pioneer Place downtown.

Kristin said...

The closest big city to me is Boston, MA and you would definitely want to visit the "Freedom Trail."

Beth said...

If you were to visit my city, Winston-Salem, NC, you should visit "Old Salem" the original town settled by the Moravians. Thanks for the chance to enter the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

3 websites
1-- yahoo...gotta check my mail!
2-- crosswalk.com awesome christian forum!
3 -- all my fave blogs!

The Chatty Housewife said...

If you were to visit Seattle, I would definitely say see the space needle, Pike Place Market and take a ferry across to Bremerton.

Springblom said...

Definitely "Garden of the God's" out of Colorado Springs, or the Glen Eyrie Castle!

alaskawildrose AT gmail DOT com

Cristina said...

Three visits I visit everyday are:
http://www.dooce.com/
http://xkcd.com/
http://www.cnn.com/

Anonymous said...

I have to visit my real-life friends' blogs:
http://theemptynest.wordpress.com
http://tadcronn.wordpress.com
http://joyofdesserts.blogspot.com

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

I have my favorite dessert recipes on my dessert blog. It works out great.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Three websites that I go to daily are:

Facebook, my blog, and Google Reader

Thanks for the great giveaway.

Anonymous said...

#1-You would HAVE TO see the Mission Inn historic hotel. Gorgeous just does not cover it!

Anonymous said...

cnn.com
accuweather.com
msnbc.com

Hope I win! Thanks for the GREAT giveaway!! cdziuba@aol.com

Heather said...

Well...I live near Bangor Maine and you'd have to have lunch at the Friar's. It's run by Franciscan Munks. But Bar Harbour and Acadia national park is only about an hr away and if you had to pick one place that would definitely be my suggestion!

Tammy said...

We have a beautiful set of water falls in our city! It is in the center of a city park, and it's what our city was actually named after. It's a don't miss when you visit!

PS said...

3) What are 3 websites that you have to visit every day?
I LOVE Greenmomfinds.com
Onegoodmove.org
and
GreenDaily.com

Preppy Mama said...

1. This is fun!!! Ok, since I live in NY and about 30 minutes outside NYC you should definitely visit The Bronx Zoo its open 365 days a year!!! It is so beautiful and my son loves it!! And while you are in the Bronx you have to visit The New York Botanical Gardens. So incredibly beautiful.

2. My favorite recipe is my bean dip. So easy, but God I can't stop eating it. Cream cheese, chili and shredded cheese...Heaven to me!

3. Lands End, because I am obsessed, Ebay and Bloglines.
Thanks for hosting a giveaway!!!

Anonymous said...

Fav recipe - chicken and dumplings - gotta love it - it makes me think of home everytime!

bethany said...

Fav. recipe is salsa chicken-so easy!
Take two frozen chicken breasts (that will feed 2-4 people) and put them in the crockpot. Cover with a generous amount of salsa and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Chicken will be tender enough that you can shred in the crockpot with a spatula. Serve on tortillas with cheese and sour cream. EAsy and so good!!

Unknown said...

I live in Houston.

First place to visit is

E-Star Chinese Restaurant (even if you don't like Chinese)

Second place

Hermann Park (train ride, paddle boats, fishing, wading pool, playground, water park)

Houston Zoo

It's in Hermann park...adds to the enjoyment

Bonus:

Lupe Tortialla, best Mexican food!

Julie said...

I would have you visit the local barbecue joint - Skeeter Barnes (Lincoln, NE) because I love to go out to eat.
My favorite recipe is some sort of dessert. Probably "death by chocolate". Yummmmmy!

Michelle said...

the biggest city to me is Albuquerque and you should see the aquarium and botanical gardens.

Forgetfulone said...

If you were to visit Houston, I would recommend several places. First, the Houston Zoo, IMAX, and Hermann Park. Perhaps the Burke Baker Plaetarium and the Museum of Natural History. If you have children, I would also suggest the Children's Museum. If you're coming without children, I suggest the Holocaust Museum. All of these places are within walking distance downtown near the medical center.

Then you could head south and stop at Kemah. Stroll the boardwalk, ride some rides, play some games, eat a fabulous meal, do some shopping, and take in the sites.

If you're adventurous, you could continue to travel south to see Galveston. I recommend visiting The Strand to shop and eating seafood by Pier One. Other points of interest (not including the beach) are the train museum, the ghost tour, and the Opera House. We also have Moody Gardens if you care to take a dip in the water park there, or Schlitterbahn where you can float on the lazy river all day. We're about halfway between Galveston and downtown Houston.

CC said...

this is my favorite recipe:
http://ifonlyihadsuperpowers.blogspot.com/2008/03/family-favorite-recipe-apricot-chicken.html

luckymomx4 said...

Question #1 - the place to visit near me is Lake Tahoe, NV. The most beautiful lake in the world! Surrounded by pristine mountains, it's a clear blue lake!
Thanks for the giveaway.

Lydia said...

Old Town Sacramento in California is a fun place to visit. One day a year they even allow you to tour all the museums for free!

delightfulconfection[at]gmail[dot]com

HilLesha O'Nan said...

To enter you have to answer one the following questions:
1) If I were to visit the nearest big city (or even your local town/city) what is one place that I should definitely visit? Louisville, KY
2) What is your favorite recipe? Veggie Burgers
3) What are 3 websites that you have to visit every day? fashionfling.com, people.com, and myspace.com

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

amazon
hotmail
msn for news

aahcoffee said...

#1 Pittsburgh....you have to go to the Strip District on a Saturday morning. Biscotti, salsa, coffee, spices, veggies, and the Roethlisburger. Can't miss it!
julie_ruhlman(at)hotmail(dot)com

michelle said...

If you were to come to Boston, you should definitely sign up to take a tour of the Freedom Trail, with a plan to stop at the Oyster House for lunch.

michelle at northofthe49 dot com

Killlashandra said...

Three websites I visit everyday, that's easy. :)

http://thelandofka.com/

http://thezenofmotherhood.blogspot.com/

http://scribbit.blogspot.com/

I thought putting down the fact I check my email everyday kind of boring. LOL

killlashandra at hotmail dot com

Dallimomma said...

Our local paper; www.thederrick.com
My pastor's blog; www.zionlife.com/blog
And, of course, www.boomama.net

Betsy said...

I live in Indianapolis, so you would have to visit The Children's Museum and the Indianapolis Zoo.

EB said...

You should visit the re-creation of the Blackfriars Theatre.


Thanks for the giveaway!
emmarleed[at]hotmail[dot]com

Mrs. Sara said...

I live near Chicago, and if you visited, you'd HAVE to go to Lincoln Park Zoo... it's awesome and free!

Thanks for the giveaway!

saharagreen at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

If you were to come to my area, you MUST go to Kings Island. It's an amusement park and has wonderful rides! If you ever watch those shows that have the top roller coasters, Kings Island's "The Beast" always makes it on the list!

Author said...

I'm answering question #2 - Pasta with tomato pest :)

Thanks for this great giveaway and for coming over and participating in my Land's End Giveaway!
callmeabookworm at gmail dot com
From the Reviews/Giveaways blog
A Bookworm's Diary - Land's End Giveawayt

Kathleen W. said...

If you came here, you could head into Philadelphia where you'd have to go to the zoo and also the Mutter Museum, which has really weird old medical oddities.

Anonymous said...

Great giveaway!

The three sites I go to everyday are

1) Gardenweb
2) MSNBC
3) OLS

Thanks

CanCan said...

If you came to Vientiane, Laos, I would have to take you to see That Luang, the most famous temple in the city. If we had more time I would take you to a city 4 hours north to see neat caves and a natural lazy river!

onlycancan at hotmail dot com

3boyzmom said...

Let's see, if you came to visit here in Sacramento, CA, you would DEFINITELY have to go check out Old Sacramento! It's awesome! And, the governer's mansion! Oh and see a Kings game at Arco ARena, and....Sacramento has tons to see:)

The Dales said...

Ok, I live in SC so you would have to go to the Beacon, its a place to eat, its old but so good if you like some greasy, fried food and great burgers!

moores1456(at)yahoo(dot)com

Tara said...

Graceland of course!

Korie said...

Three websites I visit daily...
www.ikariam.org cause I'm a geek
www.hotmamamia.wordpress.com cause my mom blogs too
www.plurk.com cause I have no friends where I live
korieATlilacspecsDOTcom

Apryl DeLancey said...

You have to visit Chavez Ravine for a Dodgers game if you only had one place to choose in Los Angeles. Of course, there is more to do here than I could possibly list in one comment.

Thank you!

Re said...

if you came here i'd take you to t he new national harbour they just finished :) There's a lot to do here in washington

great giveaway! :) i hope i’m the lucky winner

I’m having so much fun blog hopping! I’m glad I found your blog :)

bren j. said...

There's this little place called Cafe Sorpreso in a city not too far from us. It's got the most incredible ham & cheese panini you'll ever eat!

bookworm said...

You'd have to check out the Fox River Mall in Appleton if you come visit me. Lots of really good shopping!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Definately Niagrara Falls, NY. I live in Buffalo and still am amazed in the beauty of the fall.
=) melanie
www.melaniescrafts.etsy.com
www.melaniescrafts.blogspot.com
melanieadey at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Hi there, three blogs I visit every single day are: http://thequeenb.typepad.com, http://citystreams.wordpress.com and http://suchthespot.com.

Thanks for the chance to win!

dkkwhcs at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

the 3 websites i go to daily- google.com for all my blogfeeds, yahoo for my email and drudgereport for news.

Qtpies7 said...

You would for sure have to go to the Mall of America if you were to visit here!

Nicol said...

Question #1--The largest city near me is Salt Lake City so you would have to visit Temple Square. Beautiful buildings and fantastic gardens!

nicolmontero at gmail dot com

Natalie Jane said...

Mace Bundt cake. Secret family recipe. But I will sent to you if I win :)

heyhazelhazel said...

If you come to davis,CA you should visit the college campus. Sounds boring, and it is, but it has awesome egg head statues on it and double decker buses imported from london during the 60s. The buses even still have their original destination signs and numbers.
heyhazelhazel@gmail.com

sphinx63 said...

The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, as I live near Cleveland. Thanks!

Claire Roach said...

My 3 websites that I visit everday are :
1)stephmodo.blogspot.com
2)tangledandtrue.com
3)designmom.com
Thanks for the giveaway. claireroach81(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

the 3 websites i visit everyday are:

iambossy.com
suburbanbliss.net
facebook.com

jamic61(at)aol(dot)com

Toddler Tailoring said...

3 websites: my blog, my etsy store, and ebay.
Thanks!
Davina
Please check out my giveaway at www.toddlertailoring.blogspot.com

Kristofer said...

i live near boise . . . if you were to visit you'd have to raft the boise river . . . it's a good time! thanks, kristen

ryankristenwilson(at)msn(dot)com

Amber said...

3 websites I have to visit everyday:
1- yahoo.com (to check email and chat with hubby when he's out of town)
2- weather.com (I hate watching the weather on tv and it's so much easier to view the forecast online)
3- pogo.com (gotta goof off a little bit!)

World's Greatest Mommy said...

3 websites...
gmail: where I read comments
twitter: to see what's going on
my own blog: gotta update

me and my sister said...

i'm an olive garden girl, gotta do lunch at the garden

Sandra said...

If you went to Spokane, Washington you should definately take a walk through Canada Island during the summer and ride the antique Merry go Round, feed the swans and maybe the odd marmot that is begging for your lunch.

owatz (AT) telus (dot) net

Anonymous said...

Here is my favorite recipe
Clam Chowder
2 cans of condensed cream of potato soup
2 can chopped clams drained
2 cans condensed cream of celery soup
2 cans condensed clam chowder soup
1 quart 1/2 and 1/2
Put everything in a crockpot on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.

Nancy said...

We live in central N.C. One nice spot in our city is a national park that was actually a Revolutionary battleground. 2 signers of the U.S. Constitution are buried there. It is also a place where people can walk, run, and ride their bikes in cool, green leafy splendor - for free!

Hélène said...

I live near Dallas and I say the Dallas World Aquarium. It is amazing.

Casey said...

My favorite summertime recipe!

LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS:

1 package cake mix, lemon
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 egg
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated (I didn't have any of this so I added just a little more lemon juice about 1/2 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 eggs

Blend dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Press into ungreased 13x9x2 pan.

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually blend in powdered sugar. Stir in peel and lemon juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup; refrigerate. Beat 2 eggs into remaining cheese mixture until blended.

Spread over cake mixture. Bake at 350 F until set, about 25 minutes; cool completely. Spread with reserved cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until firm.

Suzie Williams said...

The San Diego Zoo. It's World Famous and a great place to visit.

Anonymous said...

opendiary.com
hotmail.com
pioneerwoman.com

Everyday:)

Megan97364(at)hotmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Fun questions!

1. The Mcwane Center. It's a great kid's science museum here in Alabama.

2. My favorite recipe... it's a toss up between my artichoke dip and bruschetta. Mmmm.

3. -yahoo.com, because I have my business email there
-facebook.com
-and all of my forums, I frequent them a lot.

Thanks for the great giveaway!!
flibbypie@yahoo.com

Hillary (Mrs. Einstein) said...

I LOVE Land's End! Every day I visit babyzone.com (I'm pregnant), weather.com (it's hot over here!), and seattlepi.com (our local newspaper sucks!).

Ginny said...

I live near detroit, so if you aren't too scared I'd recommend going to the Detroit Institute of Art for you & the Detroit Science Center with your kids! Two great places & that part of Detroit isn't that scary :)

Lori said...

I live right outside of New Hope PA. It is a great little artsy town, with tons of great shops and fabulous restaurants. I would suggest stopping in at John and Peters bar which has had free live music for over 35 years!

Kathie B. said...

prizey.com, bloggy giveaways, and an Island Review get hit every day. Thanks for the chance. Visit me at www.mypreppypurse.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gatlinburg, TN
The Smokey Mountains!

palmersf(at)bellsouth(dot)net

Unknown said...

St Louis, MO - and I guess the obvious answer would be the arch, the not so obvious answer would be main street st charles

Britni said...

IF you come visit me you would have to go see Mt. Vernon, the home of George Washington. It is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Three sites I visit every day:
1. BiblicalWomanhood.com
2. MoneySavingMom.com
3. RocksinMyDryer.net

I'd love the LLBean gift card!
Kathy
bigfamily8(at)yahoo(dot)com
(mom to the princessesindisguise)

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

I'm all for the Lands End GC!

I visit - nesthome.blogspot.com
gmail.com
and my main blog. Thanks so much.

Mom said...

Three sites I visit everyday would be:
- hotmail.com
- slickdeals.net
- woot.com

AudreyO said...

My favorite recipe is hash brown casserole. It is basically frozen hash browns and cheeses all cooked. Let me know if you'd like the recipe.

grammy said...

Boulder Colorado. Hippies and all. Beautiful foothills.

Fedora said...

I'd recommend taking the time to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, if it's a sunny day--it's a gorgeous view!

Thanks for the fun!

f dot chen at comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

Huntington Beach. Go to the beach and enjoy the day in the surf and sand.

Laura said...

In Seattle, you have to have breakfast at Macrina bakery and dinner at El Camino. I love food vacations!!

1993wel said...

If you came to Spokane, WA you should visit Auntie's Bookstore downtown. Buy some new or used books and stop in the attached cafe for coffee, then go wander in Riverfront Park.

Anonymous said...

If you visit Monterey, CA you have to visit the aquarium. It's amazing. After your visit it's worth it to drive about 15 minutes north on the coast to a small little town called Moss Landing. Across the one lane bridge there's a resturant named "Phil's Fish Market". It will blow you away!

Huguette En said...

A must visit in Miramichi is Ritchie's Warf, nice place to relax beside the water, grab a nice lunch, or shop in little botiques.

Mommie Daze said...

If you come to West MI, you have to visit the Lake Michigan Shore line. Any of the beaches in Grand Haven or South Haven.

david_colleen@mei.net

Jodi said...

If you were to come to Michigan you have to visit the Detroit Zoo.



purehrt555(AT)yahoo.com

frugallm said...

The nearest big city is Buffalo, NY for me and you should definately go to the Anchor Bar, home of the Buffalo Wing!

elkmeese at yahoo dot com

cl said...

I'm rather new to this area and shouldn't be a tour guide, but if you do come to gainesville, FL, you can go to Lake Alice in the middle of town and you might see an alligator.

Lindsey said...

The three websites that I have to visit everyday? Gmail, thriftymommy, and threefatchicks.com

Staying connected, staying cheap and staying thin are big in my life :)

Jennifer said...

I would recommend you visit Shelby Farms if you come to Memphis, TN. It is a very large park with lots to do. They even have American Bison for you to enjoy looking at.

LeeAnn said...

I would recommend visiting Old Salem if you visit Winston Salem, NC.

pam said...

I live in the BBQ capital of the world, and you would have to visit Moonlite restaurant. Even Bill Clinton eats here when he comes to town. Thanks so much.

Alaina said...

Well, if you were coming to my neck of the woods, I would suggest Conner Prairie (an awesome living history museum!).

alainamj (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

Sweetpeas said...

Well, I'm about an hour outside of Philadelphia, which has LOTS of must sees . . . the liberty bell, and all the surrounding historic stuff is probably at the top of the list though. With the Mint (where they make coins) coming in a close second, at least in our coin collecting family LOL.

Anonymous said...

place to visit in my town Allentown PA,is the new baseball stadium they just built.Home of the IRON PIGS
ahdrad2932(at)msn(dot)com

Katie said...

You would have to visit the Aquarium of the Pacific. Breathtaking.
katie_mmartin at yahoo dot com.

mulltc said...

Chicago - Millenium Park!

alex said...

1. I hope you do not have the misfortune of visiting us here in boring Tallahassee, but you can visit tons of places on FSU campus that are fun. Plus being the capitol there are tons of old buildings and museums. :)

alexandra dot hancock at gmail dot com

Kiy said...

#1. You'd want to visit Howard Amon Park. It's amazing. We actually live in the desert, but are surrounded by three rivers so you don't know it until you drive out of the city! The park is wonderful, we are there at least 3-4 times a week. In fact, it is SO great and there is SO much to say about it ... here's a link!
http://www.ci.richland.wa.us/RICHLAND/
Parks/index.cfm?pagenum=108

Blakely said...

Three web sites I must visit every day are.
1. stacysews.com
2. al.com
3. disboards.com

A Family Completed... said...

My three must check websites. My August 2008 birthboard (proboard)those ladies are my best friends :) Myspace and amazon! close runner up is craigslist!
Thanks for the entry
tonyamcrain [at] aol.com

Kathleen said...

My favorite recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Irish-Chicken-and-Dumplings/Detail.aspx

It's a little bit of a pain to make, but so completely worth it!

Thank you for the great giveaway!

Anonymous said...

heres 3 site's i visit everyday:
1. google
2. yahoo
3. hfboards.com

Karen said...

You would have to visit the OKC Memorial site of the bombing several years ago. It is so touching to see how they honored the victims.

Jennie said...

15 minutes from my house is the busiest airport in the world this week: the Oshkosh EAA AirVenture. The airshows and everything this week are amazing!

teamdickens at yahoo dot com

Blessings Abound said...

I'd have to visit the 5th Ave Mall! Thanks!

lily_fair@excite.com

Teri said...

My favorite recipe is buffalo chicken dip...

1.Preheat the oven to 375
2.soften 2 bricks cream cheese
3.pour in 1/2 bottle chunky bleu cheese dressing
4.pour in 1/2 to 1 cup hot sauce (depending on how hot you like it)
5.turn out into a baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
6.Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or crackers - enjoy!

Teri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

If you come to my town you would have to visit our biggest Monument, in honor of a battle and the view is stunning! About 20 minutes east we have a 100 mile view.

Emily N. said...

The websites I visit nearly everyday...
1. My Google Reader page
2. TVGuide.com
3. Spoofee.com

gotfire at yahoo dot com

greenly said...

My three websites:
Hotmail
Facebook
Online-Sweepstakes.com

jodi_nh(at)hotmail(dot)com

na said...

If you were to come here to visit I would recommend you to go to either the outlet malls in Fremont or Pokagon State Park. One for fun and the other to get some good deals.

chryslercreek (at) hotmail (dot) com

"J" said...

Hi! Great giveaway!!! Count me in!!!!

1) If I were to visit the nearest big city (or even your local town/city) what is one place that I should definitely visit?

Houston, Texas - I would say you would need to visit Kemah Boardwalk...like they say...."The Fun Never Stops" Great food, Great Shopping, Great Hotel, Great Fun!!!! All within walking distance!!! We go for day trips! It's about 45 min away from us!!!!

Thanks!
"J"
http://musingsfromleftfield.blogspot.com/

musingsfromleftfield (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

3 websites I visit daily:

Gmail
MySpace
Amazon

Thanks :)

Brittany K said...

The closest large city to me is New York, which has hundreds, probably even thousands of great attractions. I'd say to save you visit and wait until Christmas time. You can go and look at all the fancy store windows and go see the Rockettes. Cheesy, yes. But it's something you should do once :)

bbkling(at)gmail(dot)com

Lisa Garner said...

1. If you are planning to visit my area you should check out the St. Louis art museum.

lisalmg (at) ktis (dot) net

Jinxy and Me said...

If you are going to visit near me, you should go to the Kelley Farm. It is a living history farm that is just like a real farm from the 1800's. It was the farm of Oliver Kelley, who founded the Grange. Thanks for the giveaway!

Karen Coutu said...

To answer Question #1, you would just have to visit the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) in Boston!

Thanks for the fun giveaway!!

3janbabies[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

I live near Disneyland.

Thanks for including me in this Giveaway and for being so generous!

KJ
kjmt42 [at] sbcglobal [dot] net

misty said...

If you're ever in WV you need to visit the Cass Scenic RailRoad. Thanks so much for the opportunity.

planetmisty at gmail dot com

Sharon said...

If you are in my neck of the woods must visit the Georgia Aquarium. Thanks for the contest

Lona said...

Windmill Island in Holland, Michigan. Nice place for a family picnic...

Thanks for hosting this giveaway.

Jessica said...

Probably the local children's museum, or the Houdini museum. :-)

EG said...

Every day I visit:
CNN
Blonde Mom Blog
Bloggy Giveaways!

Rockin' Mama said...

I have to visit Amazon.com, coolmompicks.com, and metropolitanmama.net

jasonncaryn at yahoo dot com

Dani' said...

If you came here..hmm probably the River market area because it is fun. though not huge. That is where the Farmer's Market is and little shops and vendor stalls.

Richelle said...

3-Every day I have to visit my Juno email, bloglines, and yahoo (where I also have an email.

Barbara Bee said...

If you come to Boise, you should visit the Birds of Prey center where they have lots of falcons and all sorts of other birds.

Uniquely Yours said...

1) We're near Augusta, GA Home of the Masters (golf)
2)
3) Laura Williams Musings
Prize-a-tron
Prizey

As you can tell I'm desprate to win something! lol

GrowingRopers said...

my favorite recipe is Chichen parm from cooks country. its to die for!!!

Ilissa said...

My favorite recipe is this no bake cheesecake that one of my friends used to make all the time. It was to die for! Definately the best I ever had. Thanks for the chance! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

oops!!! i forgot to leave my email address for my above comment! ^^^ sorry!

fertawert AT yahoo DOT com

GoneGirl said...

If you came to Austin, you would have to eat at Grerros and listen to some live music!

Unknown said...

If you visited Bangor Maine you should definately visit the new casino that just opened last month! Not big to some but its Maine's first, so I'm enjoying it! Thanks for hosting!

JenniferSaake.blogspot.com said...

Every day I visit
1. my eamil (web-bases)

2. Hannah's Prayer Ministries Message Boards - http://www.hannah.org and http://www.hannahsprayer.org

3. Shoutlife (Christian networking) - http://www.shoutlife.com/InfertilityMom

4. http://www.twitter.com/InfertilityMom

InnerBeauty AT AffordableMineralMakeup DOT com

Come check out my give-aways at http://www.InnerBeautyGirlz.com

Jenni
http://www.InnerBeautyGirls.com
http://www.HannahsHopeBook.com

Tamara B. said...

If you came to visit me in our town I would show you some of the most beautiful beaches in the US. Plus, you get to see the Blue Angels Air Team fly for free.

Denise said...

#3.....3 websites I visit daily are JUNO (e-mail), ebay (check out twin boy clothes), and the pioneer woman (she has incredible recipes w/ photos!) Thanks!

Janelle said...

1) I live outside Cleveland, so you'd probably want to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame if you came here.
2) Currently: Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
3) Facebook, FAWM 50/90, and all my friends' blogs.

Definitely going with the LL Bean gift card. I moved here from Portland, ME.

TinaW said...

You'd have to walk around "the lakes" and just enjoy all of the green space and water that we have here in the twin cities. tinawittmer(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Disneyland

luckydolls123[at]verizon[dot]net

Stephanie said...

I live by Sacramento and if you have kiddies you should visit the original Jelly Belly Factory! Too cute!

Stacy said...

If I were to visit the nearest big city (or even your local town/city) what is one place that I should definitely visit?
Jack Stack BBQ
hetz-junk(at)hotmail(dot)com

rlgrady said...

If you get to Philadelphia, go to "Vincent". It is an Italian restaurant where the waiters sing opera. I love it!

rlgrady [at] yahoo dot com

Doreen said...

I visit Celebrity Babies, Google & Blogger regularly! :)purposedrivenlife4you@gmail.com

Emily said...

I loved visiting New York City! I would definitely recommend it!

thanks for offering it!

princesslimey at gmail dot com

Editor Cassandra said...

Holy moley, roly poly! This is amazing! Three websites that I have to visit are my google reader homepage, twitter, and eBay! irrelevantheart (AT) gmail (DOT) com! Thank you!

Melissa said...

Well, I live just outside Washington DC and I'm an aerospace engineer, so I'll always recommend the National Air & Space Museum, but really, any of the Smithsonian museums are worthwhile.

Tarasview said...

let's see... three websites I have to visit everyday are sarcasticmom.com
and 5 Minutes for Mom and MomDot.com

GiBee said...

you would have to go see the Vietnam Memorial and the reflecting pool in washington d.c.

Anonymous said...

Favorite recipes are found on Tammy's Recipes (her site, google it). She's got the greatest, we've tried a lot and her pictures are good too.
Websites we visit...confessionsofacfhusband.blogspot.com

moneysavingmom.com

biblicalwomanhood.com

my email - princessesindisguise (at) yahoo (dot) com

Laura said...

The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum here in Boston. A crazy old lady created a mansion to hold her amazing art collection - it's really a look into her life. I love to just sit there.

Unknown said...

you should definately visit the riverwalk and tower of americas