Friday, September 19, 2008

stupid allergies...

the other news is that my allergies are REALLY bad. I've had two attacks (anaphylaxis) in the past week and a half. I've never gotten these while pregnant with the girls (i have them off and on otherwise).

We still aren't sure what is causing them and my OB is very concerned since they should be gone during pregnancy...not worse. thankfully the last one i stopped with 2 benedryl but the previous one i had to give myself steroids (the hospital is mainly useless near me for this) to stop it. and steroids in the first trimester aren't great (not horrible...but not ideal)

i just hope they go away soon. i don't see my allergist until next month...but there really isn't a ton she can do.

It's actually sad-- a kid on bean1's soccer team has a severe life threatening allergy to peanuts. my comment to DH (in my sad ironic mode) was "I'd love to have a life threatening allergy to something i actual knew what it was". because that's what's hardest--no one knows what's doing this to me. I do have a severe allergy to something else that's completely random....a vitamin!....but that doesn't seem to be involved this time. But I'm so happy that it's me going through this and not one of the beans.

sorry for my rambling. it just sucks. and all this started 2 days post partum with bean1

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Thank so much for your kind thoughts during little B's illness it was much appreciated.He's at school today and doing great.
I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Peanutu allergies are really scary